chick chick hooray!

I know, I'm hopeless, it's been weeks since I wrote anything. I was sick over the holiday with some nondescript malaise that dragged on for weeks, but now I'm better. I've also been desperately searching for a day job.

 It's been soooooo rainy here, and gray a lot of the time, but that is in fact the best weather to work with wool, it just seems right somehow.  The photo Is the almost complete prototype for a class I'll be teaching at Castle in the air in the spring, just in time for easter. I'm really into making the little copper wire feet so fiddly but worth it I think.

   My baby, who is a junior, just finished finals week, she wants to go to art college, and I'm caught between being thrilled about that and worrying that she'll struggle financially as I have.
I can't Imagine Art not being the hub of my world, but it's not been easy. Like any mum I want her to be happy and loved and intellectually challenged, I'd also like her to be financially secure.
I LOVED Art school, it was the best time of my life. I felt as though I was among my tribe, I learned so much and thrived on the intensity of it all.  I'll just try my best to do what I'm supposed to do, be there for her and support her decisions.

 And possibly.... move in to the dorm with her and go back to art school, hey, we could take classes together! surprisingly she doesn't seem particularly keen on that Idea

Comments

  1. Cute chickie!

    Julia is racking up $$$ in loans for her degree... there's no guarantee in any field. Let them follow their dreams!

    I'm flirting with the idea of going back to school, too... but I still don't know what I wanna be when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts