Penscapes Steampunk

This week I'm working on painting two new designs for Penscapes, Oak leaves and Iceland poppy. I would love to show you but I have to wait till they are finalized. Instead I'll show you the box I designed for the steampunk series of pens.
I start with a nice wooden box then I carve out a space in the top to take a nice old steel engraving. Then I add some watch parts and fill the cavity with resin. I have to leave it a few days to set completely.
I bought some steel washers but they were too shiny, so I rusted them up a bit and added some metal powders before sealing the washer and drilling 
More visits to the hardware store and my antique book bits box and here's the final thing.
I hope it does justice to the amazing one of a kind fountain pens.
makes me want to learn metal smithing too. so many crafts, so little time.
this one is available exclusively at penoply.com




Comments

  1. WOW this is gorgeous! Can't wait to see the pen... and so glad I got to see YOU! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts