Warm & Fuzzy

 It's been a very busy week at the little factory of one, I sewed lots of caterpillar leaves, made a banner out of scraps from my enormous fabric stash, and made these felt balls. I'm trying to get ready for the winter fair at the San Francisco Waldorf School on the 6th of December. I always promise myself that I'll start in January next year but I never am able to really catch up, I think its a problem of setting unrealistic goals for myself. It's so nice to see at least one box full of goodies fill up though.
  
I've been thinking about artists who are also single parents.
    This weekend Camille and I are going to the beach, I haven't been for over a year and couldn't afford to go now if it were not for a friend who has a cabin there and let's me trade.
It has been the hardest year ever financially and I need a day to read and paint and walk on the beach.
     If you are a single parent like me trying to make a living with your art or craft (There are no jobs here either) I send you my love and support, we have the gift of being able to do what we love and in many cases teach others what we know and love but the money part is very difficult for most of us, and when you single parent there are not alot of pats on the back and quite a bit of criticism. So from me to you, thank-you for taking on the responsibility of single parenting, thank-you for all the times you do your best to play the role of two parents. Thank-you for bringing up children who are surrounded by creativity and for the art you continue to make because you make the world a better place.

Comments

Popular Posts